Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Shopping Girl

Anyone who knows me will attest to my lack of shopping skills.  In fact, I would go so far as to say I am shopping-challenged. I am fairly good at shopping for decorative items, but when it comes to clothes..... not so good.  For one thing, I have these long legs and arms (we call them "Shaw arms" in our family - thanks to Daddy) that are hard to fit.  Either the pants look like they should be capris, or the sleeves appear to be a slightly-too-long three-quarter length.  And let's not even talk about the three-way mirrors with harsh lighting.  That's enough to send me into a clinical depression for days.  (Although, I have said that I should make a weekly trip to the fitting room to remind myself to eat light and healthy.) 

If I am going to shop, I have to give myself a pep talk, and plan in advance.  I have to be in the mood.  Last night, I decided today was the day to shop for a work suit or two.  Okay.  I can do it (I thought to myself).  I was still psyched this morning (a SIGN for sure), and even after a couple of unplanned delays I was still in the mood.  (SIGN.)  First store - found a black suit on sale (typically, the ONLY way I will buy something) - they had LONG sizes (score!) and a fabulous price.  That definitely kept me in the mood.  Second store - good ol' Macy's - no LONG pants but - - - can you believe it?  The Ann Klein suit fit great AND the pants were long enough (not on sale , but you must agree with me that it was a SIGN).  I am now the proud owner of two suits - one black, one blue.  So, I was on a roll.  If I have new suits, I must have new shoes.  Hello - what good shopping girl would ever consider otherwise?  (Did I just call myself a shopping girl?) 

There you have it.  Success at the mall.  I am definitely a shopping girl today.

1 comment: